Hello Friends :)
We are pleased to announce that on Wednesday, February 17th the Official Board met by Zoom video and unanimously agreed that we are ready to safely resume regular worship services as per Red Control levels beginning Sunday, February 28th.
For those who may not be quite ready to venture out and join the Sunday service in person just yet, Reverend Robin will continue to post the weekly online services that we have all come to enjoy. Sunday service will be guided by the Provincial Health guidelines:
* As you approach the church’s main entrance please be sure to maintain safe physical distancing.
* Face masks must be worn by all in attendance. Should you forget yours, one will be provided.
* Enter the church via the front doors and the sanctuary via the rear doors.
* All church visitors will hand sanitize upon entering the building.
* An usher at the front entrance will record your name into a log to assist with contact tracing, if needed. A second usher will guide you to your seat.
* Pews will be marked out with painters tape to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Families in the same “bubble” can sit together.
* At the conclusion of the service you will exit the sanctuary via the front doors and the building via the back doors. We ask that you exit to the outdoors immediately following the service to avoid gathering in a group inside the building.
* While singing of hymns is deferred at present, we will still enjoy music.
* Offering baskets will be placed at the front and back of the sanctuary, not passed.
You may want to consider signing up with PAR - (pre-authorized remittance) to automatically transfer from your bank. For those with online banking, donations can be easily be e-transferred to email@example.com
* Although there will be no Sunday School or coin collection until further notice, children are welcome to attend church with their families. You may want to bring colouring or story books for their enjoyment.
* Areas of the church are cordoned off as closed to ensure less touch contact to surfaces throughout the building.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of everyone.
Hope to see you Sunday!!!
“We the people of Tecumseh United Church believe that we are called to be a circle of ministry that welcomes and includes all, honours the gifts of each, recognizes the need of all for forgiveness and grace, and nourishes all in the faith walk to which we are called. As such, we are committed to creating a community where all people are welcome to participate in every aspect of the life and ministry at TUC, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, differing abilities, ethnic background or economic circumstance.”
An Affirming Church
333 Lacasse Blvd.
Minister: Rev. Robin Sherman
Organist & Music Director: Henry Boon
Secretary & Custodian: Heather Davidson
Office Hours :
Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-12pm
Affirm United Ensemble is an organization of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities within The United Church of Canada. Affirm United works to promote the full inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people in the church and in society.
The Affirming Ministries Program was launched by Affirm United and Friends of Affirm in the summer of 1992 (at that time, it was called “Affirming Congregations”). Each United Church organization that is an Affirming Ministry declares itself to be fully inclusive of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities—and they back up their words with action.
We invite you to join our mailing list and receive emails we send out with news or special announcements